Your weekly content writing wrap - #13

What we've been reading

Copy Edit Tihs! - The New York Times
Consider yourself a champion copy editor? In this interactive tool, standards editor Philip B. Corbett invites readers to correct grammatical errors in recent New York Times articles. It's trickier than you think. Much trickier.

How to beat your competitor's rankings with more comprehensive content - Moz
Longer, more thorough documents tend to do better in search results. We know that's true, but why? And is there a way you can use that knowledge to your advantage? Here's how Google may weight content comprehensiveness, plus a three-step methodology for gaining an edge over your competitors.

How to justify your content marketing efforts and prove ROI - AltusHost
"You cannot just publish a new post once a month and expect from people to come running to your blog. Nope. It doesn’t really work like that. Your job here is to be omnipresent, useful, and above all – relevant."

The one content marketing question you need to ask - Content Marketing Institute
Would anyone miss your content if you didn't publish it? If the answer's no, it's time for a new approach. 

5 roadblocks your content strategy needs to avoid - Oracle Marketing Cloud
If a traditional ebook landing page gets a 2% conversion rate, what's happening to the other 98%? What is driving them away? They probably don’t want to read another a 30-page PDF, or skim through an ebook. One solution to this problem is taking any traditional pillar asset and re-purposing it into several different incarnations.

10 daily habits to create more powerful content - Top Rank Marketing Blog
"You don’t write Twilight one week & Moby Dick the next. Instead, you work to be better than the day before."

New from us 

Where do the weeks go? Between Chiang Mai's Loi Krathong lantern festival, we've been busy writing blog posts, sending out newsletters, creating content for our freelance coaching side project and booking work for December and January. Our availability is limited over the holiday season, so get in touch if you're keen to lock in projects over the summer. 

Here's a look at what else is new. 

header image favourite free tools for brilliant content

Our 10 favourite free tools for producing brilliant content [list]
Guess what? You don’t need a bottomless marketing budget or an army of copywriting drones to produce content that converts. For slick and professional content, try some of our favourite free online tools.

Copywriting tip of the week

Structure is one of the most overlooked elements of an effective blog piece. While blogs do tend to have a more relaxed tone, it is imperative the piece is clear and concise.

We recommend you plan your structure from beginning to end including:

  1. Introduction: Set the stage for your discussion. 
  2. Make your point. Explain it. 
  3. Make your next point. Explain it. 
  4. Do this for as many points as you have.
  5. Conclusion: Wrap up the article with a call to action. 

For daily tips on how to improve your content marketing outcomes, follow Mint Content on Facebook

That's all from us. Have a great Friday and weekend!